Interested in learning more or applying? Here are some basic to-dos:
- Visit our website www.s-sm.org to learn more
- Let us know about your interest: fill out an inquiry at www.s-sm.org/admissions/inquiry/
- Ready to apply right now? Click “Apply Now” under Admissions on our website and follow the directions to set-up an account to get started with your online application.
Our application process consists of the following four steps:
- Online Application
- Application Fees: $75 for U.S./Canada applicants, $125 for international applicants
- Payment can be processed by credit card
- Recommendations and School Records
- Three recommendations from a current English teacher, Math teacher and Principal/School Leader
- Report cards, transcripts and school records for at least the last two years are required for all students; however, students applying to grade 11 or 12 must provide all records since grade 9
- Standardized Testing
- All applicants for grades 9-12 whose first language is English must take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT).
- All applicants for grades 6-8 are asked to submit standardized test results. While the SSAT is not required for consideration for grades 6-8, it is strongly recommended.
- International applicants for grades 9-12 whose first language is not English must take the SSAT, TOEFL or IELTS and provide SSM with official score reports. SSM does not accept alternate testing.
- International applicants for grades 6-8 whose first language is not English must take the SSAT, TOEFL Jr. or IELTS and provide SSM with official score reports. SSM does not accept alternate testing.
- Interview and Visit
- All applicants must interview. Interviews are conducted during campus visits, or an alternate interview can be arranged by Skype. We do feel the campus visit is one of the most important aspects of the admissions process because it offers students and families the very best opportunity to experience all SSM has to offer. Further, we encourage campus visits when SSM is in session, especially during September – May. To set-up a campus visit, call the Admissions Office at (800) 421-2724 or (507) 333-1618.Payment can be processed by credit card