Shattuck-St. Mary’s has rolling admissions and continues to accept applications to the School until beds and classes are filled. We now have an Online Application available and we are strongly encouraging all students to apply online. There are four parts to the application process. Note: Shattuck-St Mary’s School is committed to sustainability. Therefore, we ask that applicants do not send additional materials, i.e. certificates, DVDs, letters, photos, portfolios, etc., unless they are specifically requested by our office. Your accomplishments and activities should be included in your student application for admission.
- Online Application
- Click here to Apply Online. There are three sections to the online application: the “Application for Admission”, which may be completed by the student or parent, the “Student Profile” section which must be completed by the student, and the “Parent Questionnaire” which must be completed by the parent or legal guardian.
- Recommendations and the Transcript Release
- There are three recommendations that need to be submitted. We have a process for collecting these letters in an electronic format. Please follow the directions to have the forms sent to your teachers via email. Applicants will then be able to follow the entire process from the time letters are requested all the way through the actual submission of letters.
- We will also need an official copy of academic records for the last two years to include year ending report cards, standardized testing, and a summation of an applicant’s discipline file. If you are applying for grade 11 or grade 12, please send report cards for all years since grade 9.
- Standardized Testing
- Shattuck-St. Mary’s School requires that applicants from the US and Canada for grades 9-12 take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT); www.ssat.org. We will accept an official score report from either a National Test or a Flex Test. Our SSAT school code is 7324. National testing dates are: October 12, 2013; November 9, 2013; December 7, 2013; January 4, 2014; February 1, 2014; March 1, 2014; April 26, 2014; June 7, 2014. Since we are an official Flex Testing location, please call our office to inquire about your ability to sit for the SSAT outside of the National testing dates above. An official score sheet should be sent directly to Shattuck-St. Mary’s by the SSAT organization. In the event that you have a challenging time in finding a testing date, or testing location, or if you have questions related to whether another type of normed standardized test might meet our needs, please e-mail our office at email@example.com or call us at 507-333-1618.
- Applicants from the US. and Canada for grades 6-8 are required to submit standardized test results that provide a comprehensive overview of the applicant’s academic ability. While the SSAT is not required for consideration for grades 6-8, it is strongly recommended. If you are unsure of which normed standardized test result we will accept, please e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 507-333-1618.
- International applicants for grades 9 – 12 and which English is not their language of nurture are required to demonstrate English language proficiency. In order to demonstrate this proficiency, applicants must take either the SSAT exam (www.ssat.org), TOEFL test (www.ets.org), or the IELTS exam (www.ielts.org). Regardless of whether you take the SSAT, TOEFL, or IELTS, an official score report must be sent by that organization directly to our admissions office. *Effective June 30, 2012, our school will no longer accept SLEP scores. SSAT school code: 7324; TOEFL school code: 8466; IELTS school code: no code needed
- International applicants for grades 6-8 and which English is not their language of nurture are required to demonstrate English language proficiency. In order to demonstrate this proficiency, applicants must either take the TOEFL junior (www.ets.org), the SSAT exam (www.ssat.org), TOEFL test (www.ets.org), or the IELTS exam (www.ielts.org). If you are unable to find a testing center near you, please contact our office to discuss alternatives. *Effective June 30, 2012, our school will no longer accept SLEP scores.
- Visit and Interview
- The campus visit is one of the most important aspects of the admissions process because it offers the applicant the very best opportunity to experience Shattuck-St. Mary’s. A date and time can be arranged for a campus visit and interview by calling the Admissions Office at (800) 421-2724 or (507) 333-1618. We strongly recommend that candidates visit Shattuck-St. Mary’s while school is in session. If an applicant is unable to visit the school, we will make alternate arrangements for a skype interview. Through the use of a skype interview, we are able to simulate an on-campus experience and “face to face” interaction. In order for you to utilize skype, you must have a compute with web-browsing and built-in audio and visual capabilities or a web-cam and microphone. Please visit www.skype.com for directions downloading and using the skype program.
$75 for US/Canada applicants, $125 for International applicants. Payment can be processed by credit card.