Registration is now open!
For questions, please contact:
Director of Figure Skating
To register for the 2015 SSM Figure Skating Summer Camp, you must complete the following three forms.
• 2015 Figure Skating DAY Camp -July- TBA
Camp Info (Click Below For Information)
Multiple week stay, weekend activities
Expectations, rules, discipline policies
First timers-homesickness and supervision
Communication, cell phone, and photos
What to bring
Camp bank, school store, food, and birthdays
Camp location, travel, and driving directions
The Great Summer Camp Giveaway 2015
USFS Test Session Requirements
FIGURE SKATING TRAINING CAMPS: Three one-week sessions
Open to skaters ages 8-19
2015 Guest Coaches
- Week 1: June 7-13, 2015
- Kori Ade – Kori Ade is an Olympic coach who teaches in Colorado Springs, CO. Kori was named PSA Developmental Coach of the Year in 2011, and she is well known for her work with 2014 Olympian, Jason Brown. She holds PSA ratings in Moves in the Field and Freestyle, and she’s an AFFA and F.A.S.T. Certified Off-Ice Trainer. Kori has a B.S. from Loyola University Chicago in Skeletal Biology. She is also a respected hip hop dancer and choreographer who has worked for the music industry and corporate clients (McDonalds, Sears, and Seventeen Magazine). Kori is the creator of TAPS (Total Athlete Performance Seminars) which is intended to develop the “whole” athlete, including the mental and emotional aspects that play such a powerful role in successful training and competing at all levels.
- Rohene Ward – Rohene Ward is a choreographer and coach for Olympian Jason Brown and other International skaters. He competed four times at the U.S. Championships form 2002 to 2008. He is well-known for being able to jump through all of his triples in both directions. He is also the 2004 Puerto Rican National Champion. Rohene is a professional skater, touring throughout Europe in more than 1000 ice shows and exhibitions.
- Week 2: June 14–20, 2015
- Caryn Kadavy – Caryn Kadavy is a national and international coach. Caryn has extensive experience in performance, technique, choreography, and an individualized coaching. Her achievements include: US Ladies Figure Skating National Silver and Bronze Medalist, 1987 World Figure Skating Bronze Medalist, 1988 US Olympic Figure Skating Team Member, 7-time Professional Skating champion, 2007 Professional Skating Association Sonja Henie Award, Double USFS Gold Medalist, Figures and Freeskate, Pre-Gold Dance Medalist.
- Doug Ladret – Current coach of top US skater, Douglass Razzano and several top USA pair teams, Doug Ladret is a two-time Olympian and Canadian pair skating champion. Ladret and his former skating partner, Christine Hough, skated to a variety of international medals. The team made five trips to the World Championships and came away with Canada’s top spot in the 1988 Canadian Championships. Ladret is the recipient of an Emmy Honors Certificate for choreography on the CBS television special “Scott Hamilton: Upside Down.” Ladret began his coaching career in Barrie, Ontario working with World and Olympic skaters. Ladret is also a frequent presenter at national and international seminars across North America.
- Week 3: June 21–27, 2015
- Jere Michael– The coaching team of Michael & Chang is among the top talent in today’s “Team USA”, coaching promising athletes such as Courtney Hicks. Before Jere’s extensive success in coaching National, International, World, & Junior World Competitors, he was a U.S. Junior Men’s National Champion, International competitor, & Junior World Champion. Jere specializes in advance spin & jump techniques.
- Alex Chang– A Harvard graduate, Alex Chang is an International coach and choreographer in high demand. As a top “Team USA” coach, Alex is currently coaching many talented young talented athletes, including Courtney Hicks. He is an 8-time US National competitor, an International competitor, US National Novice Bronze Medalist, sits on the Figure Skating Coaches’ Committee, and is a board member for the Professional Skaters Association. Alex is a PSA Master Rated coach specializing in preparing skaters for competition, as well as a jump and spin technique specialist.
Resident Guest Coaches
Tom Hickey – Thomas Hickey is the Director of Figure Skating and Head Coach at Shattuck-St. Mary’s. He has US National, International, and Jr. World Championship coaching credentials. Coach Hickey is a Professional Skater’s Association Board of Governor’s member, PSA Master Rated, PSA Level V Ranking, and USFS Gold Medalist. He has developed programs such as “Power Plus (Figure& Hockey), Coaches Education Program (CEP), and has directed elite training facilities in Bethlehem, PA, Twin Rinks Ice Pavilion (DuPage FSC), & Buffalo Grove, IL.
Diana Ronayne – Diana Ronayne is the former Director and Resident Coach at Colorado Springs World Arena. She offers skaters years of experience in National and World level coaching. She is Master Rated in Figures and Freestyle. She earned the Level VII Ranking with the Professional Skaters Association and US Figure Skating based on top 10 placements at two World Championships. She is CER Level A Certified and received her B.A. from University of Illinois.
Aidas Reklys – Originally from Lithuania, Aidas Reklys holds 8 National Championship Gold Medals. He is an 8-time European competitor and a 7-time World Team member in singles and/or ice dance. Aidas is a USA National and International level coach specializing in Jumps, Spins, and Power Skating. Aidas is the developer of “Hop to the Top” Training and Conditioning Program, “Power Twist” skating harness, and Reklys Skating Apparel Company. Aidas has a wealth of knowledge and is has been a favorite among our SSM summer camp skaters for the past 6 years.
Annette Hickey – Annette Hickey is a motivational choreographer for figure skating and professional theater. Annette has coached and choreographed skaters through USA Regional, Sectional, National, and International competitions. By incorporating artistry, mental training, goal-setting, correct techniques, and a strong work ethic, she helps develop each student to his/her fullest potential, not only as an athlete, but as a well-balanced person. As a professional skater, Annette toured with Disney on ice and afterwards earned a B.A. degree in Theatre from DeSales University. She worked in professional theater in PA, Ohio, and Indiana.
Jimmie Santee – Jimmie Santee has held the position of Executive Director of the Professional Skaters Association since June 2006. The PSA is the official figure skating coach’s education, training and accreditation program for U.S. Figure Skating and the Ice Skating Institute. The 1977 Novice Men’s U.S. Champion and 1979 Junior Men’s U.S. Champion, he was a member of the U.S. International Skating Team for 5 seasons. Jimmie was also a principal performer and coach with Disney on Ice from 1985-1995. Jimmie is a PSA Double Master Rated coach, and specializes in jump technique.
Carrie Tinkelenberg – Carrie Tinkelenberg is the founder/ owner of the Northfield Figure Skating School. Carey is a U.S. Figure Skating Double Gold Medalist and a PSA Master Rated Coach and Program Director. Carey taught competitive and recreational skaters ranging from beginner through senior levels, including State Championship finalists, regional competitors, and international skaters. Carey holds a B.A. in Psychology from Carleton College. She is a member of multiple U.S. Figure Skating governance committees and serves as a mentor to directors. She is also the author of training materials for the national governing body of skating.
Vicky Korn – Vicky Korn is a PSA Master Rated coach, specializing in Moves in the Field & Freestyle. In addition, she is the Director & Head Coach of Synchronized Skating (Team USA), Team Braemar! Vicki led the US to its highest placement ever at the World Synchronized Skating Championships, winning the 2007 Silver Medal. As Miami University’s Head Coach & Director of Synchronized Skating for 25 years, Vicki led her senior team to three National titles, & competed at the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships for 9 consecutive seasons. In addition to the three National Senior Titles, Vicki’s groundbreaking collegiate team won 11 National titles under her direction. Vicki has also been honored as PSA Coach of the Year three times.
2015 DAY CAMP: TBA Figure Skating DAY Camp Information and Registration, Open to Boys and Girls Ages 7-16.