Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM) is an Episcopal, co-educational, college preparatory, independent boarding/day school serving 500 students in grades 6th-postgraduate from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250 acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education, combining classroom and online learning to best prepare students for college and beyond. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world.
SSM is seeking a mathematics instructor. Candidates should be able to teach all levels of the math curriculum, including advanced and Advanced Placement levels. In addition, we are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the mathematics department to encourage development and growth and who is willing to teach math in a blended course environment (i.e., class meetings twice weekly supplemented by online components, extra help sessions, and study groups).
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Further, this individual should be qualified and able to teach and mentor high achieving, average, and struggling math students. This year, we will be hiring teachers for both the highest level AP classes and core level Geometry and Algebra II.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching upper school math; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
Email resume and cover letter to: Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Monday, May 22, 2017 or until position is filled.