What is the Annual Fund and how does the Annual Fund differ from the Parents’ Association auction during Fall Family Weekend?
- The money that Shattuck-St. Mary’s receives from tuition and endowment income is only part of the dollars needed to cover the annual operating expenses of the School. A successful Annual Fund is essential to the financial security of Shattuck-St. Mary’s School since the money raised is unrestricted and allows the school to direct the money to those areas where it is most needed.
- Each year, the SSM Parents’ Association holds an auction fundraiser during Fall Family weekend in October. Shortly thereafter, faculty and staff are asked to submit requests to the PA Board for funding of a special project over and above the year’s budgeted items. The PA Board votes and determines how much to grant each request. Items purchased at or given to the auction are not counted as an Annual Fund gift.
When does the Annual Fund run?
- The Annual Fund operates on Shattuck-St. Mary’s fiscal calendar beginning July 1st and concluding June 30th.
Can I designate my Annual Fund gift to a specific area of the school such as soccer, hockey, fine arts, or figure skating?
- Yes! Although you cannot specify a specific project, you can designate an area or program for which you have a strong affinity. For example, if you want your Annual Fund gift to benefit a specific sport at SSM (such as Hockey, Soccer, or Figure Skating) then please make note of that along with your gift and the school will be sure to direct your donation to that department’s budget. In addition to athletics, you can designate your gift to be used in four additional areas to include fine arts, scholarships, library materials, and the chapels (or simply where the School finds the greatest need if you have no preference).
What does the Annual Fund cover?
- Among many other operational needs, the Annual Fund provides:
- Salaries to retain top-quality faculty and staff.
- Need based financial aid and merit based scholarships.
- Books, computers, software and cataloging services in our library.
- Uniforms and equipment for our athletic programs.
- Chapel supplies and maintenance in our chapels.
- Instruments, recordings, costumes, dance studio and sound equipment for our Performing and Visual Arts program.
- Operating essentials such as electricity and gas.
Who participates in the Annual Fund?
- Alumni/ae, parents, grandparents, friends, faculty/staff and corporations are all important constituents of the Fund. Everyone can give something and every gift counts. Participation at any level is important!
Why is participation so important?
- Many foundations offering educational grants will use giving percentage as one of their determining factors for allocating gifts. The most important key to meeting our Annual Fund goal is to encourage everyone to participate at some level.
What are the giving levels of the Whitney-Fleur de Lis Society?
- Loyal Member $250-$499
- Investing Member $500-$999
- Patron’s Circle $1,000-$2,499
- Leadership Circle $2,500-$4,999
- Head of School’s Circle $5,000-$9,999
- President’s Circle $10,000-$24,999
- Benefactor’s Circle $25,000 and above
All gifts are noted in our Donor Report at the end of the fiscal year and are tax-deductible as allowed by law. We also encourage you to have your employer match your gift when possible.
How can I make my gift?
- You can make your gift one of four ways:
- By clicking on the “Support SSM” tab on the website or calling the Advancement Office at 1-888-729-4946 with your credit card information.
- By mailing a check to: Shattuck-St. Mary’s, Office of Institutional Advancement, 1000 Shumway Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021.
- By gifts of securities. Please contact the Advancement Office at 1-888-729-4946 with instructions on how to transfer securities before initiating.
Thanks for your support!!