As a global learning community, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is constantly monitoring the ever-changing COVID-19 situation around the world.
We also routinely consult with local and state health authorities regarding the best science-based safety recommendations that will help us best protect and support all students, employees, alums, their families, and the communities our SSM family live in.
Most Recent Announcements & Updates
- September 21, 2021 | Two-week Mask Requirement Ends
We will continue to require masks in the following situations:
- For any student or employee who is unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.
- In classes with students who are too young to be vaccinated, as we were doing at the start of the school year.
- In all school-provided transportation, as is required by the CDC.
- In Chapel, Newhall, and other large group gatherings.
- September 9, 2021 | On-Campus Vaccination Clinic Held for Anyone in the SSM Community
- September 6, 2021 | Two-week Mask Requirement Begins
All students, employees, and visitors will be asked to mask-up while in the Academic Buildings and Sports Complex Facilities, regardless of vaccination status.
- September 3, 2021 | Associate Head of School Shares Campus Health Updates with Families
An all community update included information on new masking expectations after the first positive cases on campus were confirmed. This message also included information on current quarantine policy and reminder of the upcoming vaccine clinic on campus Sept. 9.
- August 20, 2021 | Reminders and New Updates Before SSM Registration Days Share with Families
- August 13, 2021 | Registration and Return to Campus Reminders Shared with Families
In this message, new quarantine plans are outlined and requirement for masking during Registration is emphasized.
- August 10, 2021 | Middle School and Upper School Directors Share Important Reminders in Welcome Message
Obtaining negative COVID-19 test result before arriving on campus and request to submit vaccination status to Health Services among list of reminders in prep for the start of school.
- July 30, 2021 | Updates on Delta Variant Monitoring, Revised FAQs, and Updated Dress Code Shared with Families
- July 22, 2021 | Return to School FAQs Shared with Families
A detailed list of common questions relevant to preparing for arrival on campus and revised safety protocols are outlined in our Student Life section.
- July 12, 2021 | Plans for Safely Returning to Campus In Preparation for the SSM 2021-22 School Year Shared with SSM Community
Highlights of the major health and safety guidelines planned for the start of the 2021-22 School Year follow.
- Full-time On Campus and In-Person
Our main priority is to safely return to as much of our normal school activities as possible this fall. We will start the 2021-2022 School Year with all students on campus and in in-person classes.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Required Before Arriving On Campus
Each student (regardless of vaccination or boarding/day student status) must submit a negative COVID-19 test to firstname.lastname@example.org before arriving on campus for move-in and registration.
- Vaccines Strongly Preferred; Not Mandated
Vaccines remain one of the best ways we can stop the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. We strongly encourage everyone who is age-eligible to be fully vaccinated before arriving on campus. We're happy to help support those who are interested in getting vaccinated as well.
- Masks Required for All Who Are Not Vaccinated
If you are unvaccinated, you must wear a mask while indoors or around a group of people outdoors. For those who are vaccinated, masking is your choice and it will be respected. Students will not be required to mask during practices or training outdoors.
- Full-time On Campus and In-Person