*Please send boxes so they arrive no earlier than the week before the student arrives on campus. Label boxes clearly with the student’s name and get creative, colorful tape that will help identify boxes among the sea of boxes!
If families are not traveling with their student, please know that SSM will run shuttles to our local Faribault Walmart where most of the items can be purchased. Many of the school supplies can also be purchased in the School Store.
Suggested School Supplies*
- Binders (2-4)
- Calendar & planner
- Highlighters, loose-leaf paper, & notebooks
- Ruler, whiteout, scissors, tape, etc.
- Graphing Calculator - TI-84 (or above) is required for Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics; the TI-84 is useful to have in Algebra 2, but not essential.
*Note: students will obtain class books at designated times as part of class activities during Registration.
Suggested Non-Uniform Clothing Items for Boarding Students
- Jeans and weekend clothes
- T-shirts, sweatshirts, & sweatpants
- Sweaters & turtlenecks
- Athletic gear – gym shorts, etc.
- Socks (dress & athletic)
- Dress shoes (at least 1 pair)
- Athletic/casual shoes (a few pairs)
- Winter boots
- Flip-flops for the shower
- Jackets (casual & dress)
- Winter coat, raincoat
- Warm hat, gloves, & scarves
Dormitory Rooms for Boarding Students
Each boarding student will have in their dorm room a bed, a dresser, a desk with a chair, and either a closet or wardrobe. Window coverings are either mini-blinds or roller shades. Dorm rooms may have beds on regular bed frames, bunk beds, or loft beds. The majority of bed mattress sizes are XL twin (80 inches long). Since we are not able to make final room assignments until just before the start of school, we encourage students to obtain bed sheets that will fit an extra-long (XL) twin mattress. Most dorm rooms have tiled floors.
Suggested Items for Dorm Rooms to bring or purchase upon arrival:
- Posters for the walls
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry basket/bag to use in the coin operate laundry machines in each dorm – or – weekly laundry service can be arranged through the School Store
- Laundry detergent
- Laundry marking pen – please write your name on all of your belongings
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp
- Eating utensils
- Sleeping bag – many students will take at least one overnight trip off campus
Bedding & Linens
- Bedspread, quilt, and/or blanket(s)
- Sheets (XL twin, fitted and unfitted recommended)
- Pillow cases
- Mattress cover and pad
- Bath towels
- Wash clothes
- Soap and container
- Hairbrush and comb
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shower caddy
- Nail clippers