Your child’s education is one of the most important decisions you will make as a family. We understand the significant financial commitment and sacrifices many families make to enroll at SSM. With nearly $6 million dollars awarded to 49% of the student body in the 2017-18 school year, SSM has one of the largest financial assistance budgets of the private schools in Minnesota. Nearly all income levels may qualify for financial aid. The average grant for a SSM family is $21,750.
Our financial aid program is designed to help middle class families join SSM. This program allows families to apply for tuition assistance, taking their financial circumstances into account, and making a SSM education affordable to many qualified students who could not otherwise join our school community.
We encourage families to request further information about financial aid if they have concerns about their ability to afford our full tuition.
Financial Aid decisions are made independent of admission decisions, but only after a student has been accepted academically to the School.
- Financial aid is awarded based on family need
- There are no merit scholarships
- Financial aid awards are grants that do not need to be repaid
- Approximately 50% of all SSM families receive some form of financial aid
- All families applying for financial aid are required to:
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) from the School and Student Service for Financial Aid. Families applying for financial aid can access the PFS at http://sss.nais.org.
- Shattuck-St. Mary’s School code is 7324.
- Please note: in the case of divorce, separation, or if never married, both parents are required to complete the PFS form.
- Provide copies of the last two years (2016 and 2017) of federal tax returns.
- For independent loan programs, we refer families to Your Tuition Solution.
Affording a SSM education may be more manageable than you think. Contact Dan Moyer, Assistant Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid, at [email protected] or 507.333.1571 today for more information and to take your first step in one of the most important decisions your family will make.
Shattuck-St. Mary’s School partners with Smart Tuition for processing our families’ tuition payments. By partnering with a secure tuition management system, we join other private schools using such services to better serve families.
With Smart Tuition you’ll be able to make payments easier to manage. With Smart Tuition you can:
Select a payment type that works best for you
- Smart Tuition can send you an invoice monthly allowing you the option to mail in a payment, make a payment over the phone, or make a payment on the Internet.
- Smart Tuition can automatically debit your credit card, checking account, or savings account on a monthly basis.
Manage your Smart Tuition account online
- You can edit your own profile, including your contact information, payment options, and much more.
- You can review and print your monthly billing details and payment history.
- You can make payments through Smart Tuition’s secure website.
Receive payment and follow up reminders
- If you set up to pay automatically, Smart Tuition will e-mail you a reminder of your upcoming payment 7-10 days before your due date.
- If you happen to miss a payment or have an outstanding balance, they will remind you by e-mail and phone that there is a $40 fee assessed for late payments.
Speak to a customer service representative
- Smart Tuition has a helpful and experienced customer service staff available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year—1-888-868-8828.
- Their customer service team can help answer questions about your account and also take a payment over the phone.