Shattuck-St. Mary’s School Soccer Center of Excellence, a member of the US Soccer Development Academy, is seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Coach for its unique full-time soccer academy.
- Together with the Director of Girls Soccer and team head coaches plan the long-term training and competitive season of Shattuck St. Mary’s Soccer Center of Excellence Girls’ Development Academy teams.
- Plan daily and weekly practices with SSM Girls soccer staff.
- Participate in coaching daily training sessions for the DA teams.
- Participate in all relevant game-day activities
- Design, direct and execute soccer specific strength and conditioning) program for all SSM DA teams
- Cooperate with various appropriate parties on and off campus.
- Contribute in all areas related to the operation of the Girls Soccer Program – including recruiting prospective student-athletes, planning and preparing itineraries and travel arrangements, participating in public relations & promotional activities as necessary, camps, clinics, youth academy programming, girls soccer alumni relations and team or program functions.
- Communicate with parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Collegiate and/or professional playing experience
- Enthusiasm and genuine passion for coaching the young female athlete.
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Works well with others; ability to establish and maintain a positive relationship with student-athletes, peers, faculty and the general public.
Experience coaching competitive girls/women. US Soccer B License of equivalent. Degree in exercise science or related field. Familiarity with social media. Mac, Video editing, and familiarity with Game Breaker video editing software.
To be considered, send a letter of application, resume, and the names and full contact information of at least three references to: Joe DeMay, Director of Girls Soccer, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School, 1000 Shumway Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021 or via email to [email protected] For more information about SSM or our Soccer Center of Excellence, visit our website at www.s-sm.org and http://ssmsoccer.org. Review process will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.