Shattuck-St. Mary’s School Soccer Center of Excellence, a member of the US Soccer Development Academy, is seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Coach for its unique full-time soccer academy.
The position will provide for an 11-month compensation package that includes monthly salary, housing & meals.
- Together with the Director of Girls Soccer and team head coaches plan the long-term training and competitive season of Shattuck St. Mary’s Soccer Center of Excellence Girls’ Development Academy teams.
- Plan daily and weekly practices with SSM Girls soccer staff.
- Participate in coaching daily training sessions for the DA teams.
- Participate in all relevant game-day activities
- Design, direct and execute soccer specific strength and conditioning) program for all SSM DA teams
- Cooperate with various appropriate parties on and off campus.
- Contribute in all areas related to the operation of the Girls Soccer Program – including recruiting prospective student-athletes, planning and preparing itineraries and travel arrangements, participating in public relations & promotional activities as necessary, camps, clinics, youth academy programming, girls soccer alumni relations and team or program functions.
- Communicate with parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Collegiate and/or professional playing experience
- Experience coaching elite, competitive female soccer players
- Enthusiasm and genuine passion for coaching the young female athlete.
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Works well with others; ability to establish and maintain a positive relationship with student-athletes, peers, faculty and the general public.
US Soccer B License or equivalent. Degree in exercise science or related field. Experience training goalkeepers. Familiarity with social media. Mac, Video editing, and familiarity with Game Breaker video editing software
To be considered, send a letter of application, resume, and the names and full contact information of at least three references to: Joe DeMay, Director of Girls Soccer, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School, 1000 Shumway Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021 or via email to [email protected] For more information about SSM or our Soccer Center of Excellence, visit our website at www.s-sm.org and http://ssmsoccer.org. Review process will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.