Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM) is an Episcopal, co-educational, college preparatory, independent boarding/day school serving 500 students in grades 6th-postgraduate from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250 acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education, combining classroom and online learning to best prepare students for college and beyond. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world.
Shattuck-St. Mary’s is seeking a Chemistry and Advanced Placement Chemistry teacher. We seek individuals with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the science department to encourage development and growth and who will be active leaders in upper school communities. Teachers who teach at the Upper School at SSM must to be willing and able to teach in a blended course environment (i.e., class meetings twice weekly supplemented by online components, extra help sessions, and study groups). Candidates can read more about this model on our website. Candidates will also be expected to work collaboratively with the other Chemistry teachers in the school to ensure students have a consistent experience.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Ideal candidates should have a demonstrated ability to teach and develop curriculum for Chemistry and AP Chemistry but also the interest and ability to teach other science courses at our school, should the need arise.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to and enthusiastic about blended teaching. Ideal candidates will have experience with flipped teaching, online teaching, and instructional technology.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 3-5 years’ experience teaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
Email resume and cover letter to: Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director, [email protected] or stop by the Human Resources Office located in the Business Office in the lower level of Shumway Hall. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., May 4, 2018, or until position is filled.