Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM) is an Episcopal, co-educational, college preparatory, independent boarding/day school serving 500 students in grades 6th-postgraduate from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250 acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education, combining classroom and online learning to best prepare students for college and beyond. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world.
Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is searching for a history teacher to join the History Department. The successful candidate will be able to teach Advanced Placement United States Government and Politics and/or United States History. In addition, we are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the department to encourage development and growth and who is willing to teach history in a blended course environment (i.e., class meetings twice weekly supplemented by online components, extra help sessions, and study groups) for grades 11-12.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Ideal candidates should have a demonstrated ability to teach and develop curriculum for United States History and Government at the upper school level but also the interest and ability to teach at the middle school level and/or develop and teach elective history and social sciences electives for 11th and 12th grade.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
Email resume and cover letter to: Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 15th, 2018 or until position is filled.