Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM) is an Episcopal, co-educational, college preparatory, independent boarding/day school serving 500 students in grades 6th-postgraduate from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250 acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world.
SSM is seeking a mathematics instructor who will be based at our middle school (Grades 6-9), primarily for Geometry and Sixth Grade Mathematics. In addition, we are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the mathematics department to encourage development and growth and who will be an active presence in our middle school community.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment and familiar with technology in the classroom.
- Further, this individual should be qualified and able to teach and mentor high achieving, average, and struggling math students.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching upper school math; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
Email resume and cover letter to: Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Monday, July 9th or until position is filled. We are looking to hire as soon as possible and may hire this position before the filing deadline.