Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is searching for a Director of Drama and Theater Teacher to join the Performing and Visual Arts Department. As the theater teacher, this faculty member will teach all levels of theater from Middle School to Advanced Upper School levels. As Director of Drama, this teacher will spearhead all theatrical pursuits at Shattuck-St. Mary’s School. The person in this position will direct one or two productions per year and oversee other productions. Producing requires the Director to help in hiring guest directors and coordinating all production activities with the director. In addition, we are seeking an individual with excellent interpersonal skills who will work collaboratively with members of the PAVA department to encourage development and growth and to support the work and performances of the department. Finally, ideal candidates will have the flexibility to teach in other departments.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Further, this individual should be qualified and able to teach all levels of Theater and have experience directing and producing theatrical performances with students. In addition, because we typically teach 3-4 sections of Theater each term, and a full-time teaching load is 5 classes, candidates must be able to teach in another discipline.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to: Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 4th or until position is filled.