Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is seeking applicants for a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer. The successful candidate will work under the Director of Sports Medicine and with the current full-time athletic trainers working within the parameters of the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as set forth by the National Athletic Trainers Association. This position will work with an on-campus health services center staffed by registered nurses and school psychologists.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting. This is a 10-month position with a compensation package that includes monthly salary, housing & meals.
- Provide athletic training services to student athletes at Shattuck-St. Mary’s School under the direction of our attending physician or by written referral from an examining physician.
- Maintain current certification and continuing education requirements as set forth by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association.
- Maintain state licensure from the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and treatments for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Provide the coaches with a list of athletes medically eligible for practices and games; provide an update to coaches on their injured athletes.
- Provide first aid and injury assessment, treatment/rehabilitation, and reconditioning for SSM student athletes. The Athletic Trainer is also responsible for making the appropriate physician referral.
- Provide coverage at home events and practices.
- Assist in collection of doctor’s forms and information for the clearance of injured athletes prior to and during the sports seasons.
- Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room; maintain a daily treatment log.
- Maintain communication with parents on the care and treatment of their student-athlete.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current certification by the BOC and must qualify for MN registration.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of health care professionals.
- Only individuals who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the position.
- Experience in contact collision sports and hydrotherapy a plus.
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to [email protected] Applications accepted until position is filled.
For more information about SSM, visit our website at www.s-sm.org. E.O.E.