Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School (SSM) is an Episcopal , independent boarding/day school. This year, our school is serving 400 students in grades 6th-12th, plus postgraduates, from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250-acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Faribault, Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education, combining classroom and online learning to best prepare students for college and beyond. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world.
SSM is seeking an experienced individual to work within the Admissions and Advancement Offices. This is an outstanding opportunity for a strategic and self-motivated candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit and outgoing personality. As the Admissions/Advancement Associate, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving day-to-day operations in both offices while supporting the mission of Shattuck-St. Mary’s School. A can-do attitude is a must, along with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing environment. Required to meet deadlines and develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles with the ability to complete projects on time.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development and facilitate new scholarship software by inputting and maintaining information. This will involve planning and implementing the new software within the Advancement Office, Business Office, and Admissions.
- Help with alumni outreach and engagement including phone calls, emails, and reaching out on social media.
- Support in coordinating annual Reunion events.
- Manage the School’s Columbarium information and files.
- Assist the office in planning and implementing all alumni and parent programming including but not limited to campus events, area gatherings, fundraising projects and other programming opportunities.
- Help coordinate Admissions Visit Days.
- Provide tours of campus and train student tour guides.
- Dedicate time to answer phone calls.
- Interview student applicants as needed.
- Represent SSM at boarding school fairs domestically and possibly internationally.
- Foster connection between Advancement and Admissions offices, particularly focusing on how the offices’ work overlaps to identify outreach opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Well-versed in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn technology platforms to support various forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail, ability to interact effectively with people.
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to: Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. Application materials will be received. until position is filled.