Shattuck-St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6-12) in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking a Spanish/French instructor beginning in August 2021. Candidates should be able to teach all levels of Spanish, including advanced levels. Ideal candidates will be able to teach all levels of French, but candidates must be able to teach lower level French. In addition, we are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the World Language department to encourage development and growth and who is willing to teach in a blended course environment.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Further, this individual should be qualified and able to teach and mentor high achieving, average, and struggling World Language students.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages and is eager to consider applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected] or stop by the Human Resources Office located next to the Business Office in the lower level of Shumway Hall. (507)333-1613. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Friday, February 5, 2021.