Shattuck-St. Mary’s is seeking an outgoing individual to fill the Advancement Coordinator position for a private boarding school located in Faribault, Minnesota. The Advancement Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day operations of the team as well as help coordinate events, projects and other office initiatives. This is an outstanding opportunity for an outgoing, structured and disciplined individual to join and help support the Advancement Office. A can-do attitude is a must, along with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of on-campus events, donor dinners and outreach opportunities. Some nights and weekend work required.
- Help with alumni outreach and engagement including phone calls, emails and reaching out on social media.
- Support office in coordinating reunion.
- Complete writing tasks as assigned for the newsletter, website or social media.
- Develop graphics and content for email appeals and invitations
- Work with the Advancement Director to manage appeals, emails and other forms of communication
- Manage the columbarium information and files.
- Assist the office in planning and implementing all alumni and parent programming including but not limited to campus events, area gatherings and events, fundraising projects and other programming opportunities.
- Provide tours of campus to alumni.
- Help answer office phone.
- Assist other members of the team as necessary.
- Foster connection between other offices within the school particularly focusing on how the offices’ work overlaps to identify outreach opportunities.
- Weekend travel may be required.
- Student supervision/residential life duty rotation, typical in a boarding school setting
Non-Technical and Personal Skills
- History of cooperating with teams and co-workers
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn technology platforms to support various projects
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail, ability to interact effectively with people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Well-versed in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Experience with social media and multimedia
- Experience with InDesign a plus
- Alumnae are encouraged to apply!
Email resume and cover letter to Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected]
We also ask applicants to fill out this brief survey at: https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/p/VgvtCZig04RmpSNOQLb. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 5, 2021.