Shattuck-St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6-12) in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking a full time science instructor beginning August, 2021. Candidates should be able to teach all levels of biology and chemistry, including advanced levels with an emphasis on laboratory activities and hands-on learning experiences for its students. Ideal candidates will be able to teach AP Biology and first year chemistry. In addition, we are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will work collaboratively with members of the science department and who is willing to teach in a blended course environment.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Further, this individual should be qualified and able to teach, develop curriculum, and mentor high achieving, average, and struggling science students.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years’ experience teaching and be familiar with the AP Biology College Board curriculum and exam; however, we will consider first year teaching candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred.
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages and is eager to consider applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected] Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Friday, April 16, 2021.