Shattuck- St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6 –12) in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking a Plumber to join our Facilities Maintenance Department. This position is full-time, reports directly to the Director of Facilities, and is available immediately.
- Journeyman level license, Master plumber preferred
- Valid MN Driver’s License
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders, safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions
- Plan and perform preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on plumbing systems, including toilets, urinals, faucets, hose bibs, and drains.
- Install, repair, or replace domestic hot and cold water lines.
- Repair and replace steam to hot water exchangers for major building heating systems.
- Assist with repairs on pneumatic steam valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes.
- Repair and replace domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and repairs of steam, water, and gas distribution systems.
Other duties could include working in other areas of the Facilities and Grounds Department to provide support during absences or to perform duties associated with light construction projects and school events. Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the needs of the school.
Working Conditions: Frequent walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Ability to operate hand and power tools. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, ladders, and scaffolding. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noises, fumes, and toxic chemicals.
Standard & Unique Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Health Savings & Reimbursement Accounts
- SSM tuition remission for children of all full-time employees
- Legacy Golf membership
- Mid-day meal in world-class dining hall
- Access to state-of-the-art fitness/weight room, gym and employee-only open ice times
- School Store & The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s discounts
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and references to: Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected].