Shattuck-St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6-12) in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking a full-time Guest Service Manager at The INN at Shattuck-St. Mary’s. This position is available starting in early May 2021.
The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s is a hotel and retreat center located on the scenic campus of Shattuck-St. Mary’s in Faribault, Minnesota. The on-campus Inn features 12 unique king and double rooms along with flexible event space. The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s is host to both school related and transient guests, special occasions, business meetings, and conferences.
We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent people skills. The Guest Service Manager is charged with creating a positive and engaging client experience through personalized service and leadership. He/she is expected to be hands-on, visible, and called-upon to lead by example, and must ensure that all employees adhere to established standards of excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or relevant coursework preferred
- Certification or diploma in hospitality advantageous
- Three years of successful hotel or event industry experience
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good time management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Conflict resolution experience
- Proven track record in use of best practice management methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve experience, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, plan collaboratively, and provide feedback effectively
- Ability to provide superior customer service skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with technology (Computer and minimal audio-visual equipment): Central Reservation System, On-line booking software and analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, Payment Processing, and event audio-visual set-up needs
- Comfortable and able to set-up/tear-down event needs - able to lift 25+ pounds
- Requires a flexible schedule. Candidates must be willing to work, weekends and holidays
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of a customer’s stay is, not only, satisfactory but exceeds expectations
- Direct and manage front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure high quality guest experiences.
- Oversee the scheduling of front desk and housekeeping departments
- Manage employee performance, behavior, and training
- Lead and schedule team property meetings
- Manage inventory and ordering of front desk and housekeeping materials and supplies
- Establish, guide, and support high-standard, professional, customer service relationships with guests and event clients
- Directly handle customer service problems, working for satisfactory resolution
- Respond promptly and professionally to all guest requests and accommodation needs
- Maintain competitive guest room rates, monitor referrals, and guest reviews
- Identify business opportunities to enhance client experience and satisfaction
- Collect, analyze, and reconcile daily revenue and expense reporting
- Balancing payments, billing, invoicing, expense reporting, and online channel reconciliations
- Process employee payroll
- Administering check-ins and check-outs
- Provide front desk services to guests
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice
- Scheduling management and SSM parent awareness (camps & events on campus) to produce more bookings from on-site sources and area events
- Oversee the execution of meetings and events, as directed
- Processing event meal and beverage requests, as directed
Standard & Unique Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Reimbursement Accounts
- SSM tuition remission for children of all full-time employees
- Legacy Golf membership
- Corresponding shift meal in world-class dining hall
- Access to state-of-the-art fitness/weight room, gym, and employee-only open ice times
- School Store & The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s discounts
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages and is eager to consider applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., April 23, 2021 or until the position is filled.