Shattuck-St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6-12) in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking a Director of Food Service. This is a full-time, year-round position.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Food Service Director shall be responsible for food service-related business and personnel management of the department. He/She shall be responsible for supervising, coordinating and directing the work duties of all food service personnel, including providing evaluative input to the Director of Auxiliary Programs and HR. He/She shall make sure the food service operation complies with local, state and federal requirements and complete all required reports to school’s business office and operate the department in a businesslike manner.
- Be responsible for preparation of weekly menus.
- Be responsible for making employee weekly working schedule include snack bar and sabre café and arrange for substitutes, as needed.
- Be aware of and comply with MN Department of Health mandates/guidelines.
- Be responsible for cleanliness and proper storage of all equipment and proper handling, serving, and storage of all foods.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of all kitchens.
- Be responsible for keeping records and filling reports in connection with milk program, on campus catering report, as required by school and state.
- Be responsible for evaluation of food service personnel.
- Manage the food service department in an efficient manner while following school budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate the use of food service department facilities and/or equipment by staff or outside groups.
- Obtain bids from vendors for procurement of food, equipment, and services needed for the department and make recommendations in the overall best interest of the depart and school.
- Perform any and all other duties prescribed by school administrator or board.
- Must have the training, experience, and ability to oversee and direct the campus food service operation.
- Must have knowledge of large quantity meal preparation, menu planning, and experience in institutional management.
- Must have purchasing experience, strong human relations, demonstrable computer, record keeping, communication, and business management skills.
- Must have knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including health and safety rules and regulations pertaining to food establishment, including sanitation and maintenance regulation.
SKILLS AND Abilities
- Must meet physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required kitchen duties.
- Communicate in and follow oral and written directions.
- Display a tactful, courteous, professional disposition.
- Provide leadership and direction for the operation food service operations.
- Analyze problems, develop sound problem solving models and solutions.
- Display positive flexibility in a work environment often interrupted by staff, students, faculty and parents/guardians.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability and desire to meet schedules and deadlines.
Standard & Unique Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Reimbursement Accounts
- SSM tuition remission for children of all full-time employees
- Legacy Golf membership
- Corresponding shift meal in your world-class dining hall
- Access to state-of-the-art fitness/weight room, gym, and employee-only open ice times
- School Store & The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s discounts
In support of its pursuit of academic and scholarly excellence, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is committed to creating a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff that is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equal opportunity treatment in education and employment regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The school encourages and is eager to consider applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of its educational community.
Email resume and cover letter to Erin Sellner, Human Resources Director, [email protected]. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., May 28, 2021 or until the position is filled.