Bravo! Summer Music Academy
About Bravo! Summer Music Academy
Bravo! was established in 1989 by Sally O’Reilly to meet the needs of the growing number of young musicians who choose to spend a portion of each summer focusing on their development as musicians and instrumentalists. In 2021, Bravo! will be at Shattuck-St. Mary’s School in Faribault, MN for the fourth year in a row. During their time at Bravo!, students receive four one-hour private lessons, two technique classes, and four chamber music coaching sessions, in addition to all master class and recital opportunities. We are pleased to invite pianists to join us this year as well. Piano faculty will include Alexander Braginsky, Benjamin Downs, and Soojung Hong.
NOTE: The application is not complete until the student submits a 5-10 minute recording of their playing. Please upload to either YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox, or another file sharing website, and send to email@example.com. The repertoire may be anything that accurately represents the student’s ability.
- Arrival on June 13th, between 2:00-5:00.
- Check-in will be at Shumway Hall, main floor, at the end of the administrative suites (“red carpet” area).
- Room assignments, practice room schedules, chamber music groups, and other information will be given there.
- Brief welcome orientation will be held in the Music Suite at 5:30 before dinner immediately afterward.
- The morning of June 26th between 9:00am - 11:00am.
- Check out and key drop-off will be at the same place as check-in: Shumway hall main floor, at the end of the administrative suites.
- Early check-out can also be arranged in special cases.
Total cost: $1800:
This includes the tuition, an air-conditioned room, all meals, master-class and recital fees, transportation to and from the airport, and registration fees.
Age: entering 6th grade – college
For More Information, Please Contact:
Dr. Benjamin Downs, Director of Bravo! Summer Academy
Shattuck-St. Mary’s School
1000 Shumway Ave.
Faribault, MN 55021