Skip To Main Content

Desktop Menu

Mobile Menu

Friends of Hockey

Year after year, we work to make our hockey program bigger, faster, and stronger. This is the Shattuck-St. Mary’s way. As we navigate these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever that we stay committed to our focus of developing student athletes and leaving the program better than we found it.
 
The purpose of this restricted fund is to provide alumni, parents, and friends of the SSM Hockey Center of Excellence the ability to support the SSM program through charitable donations. Gifts to this fund support SSM athletes, coaches, and hockey-related facilities, and are intended to provide long-term sustainability of the program as the School’s original Center of Excellence. As part of the School’s restricted gift policy, 5% of donations made to Friends of SSM Hockey will be directed to the SSM Annual Fund for the support of the School’s general operating budget. The remaining 95% of the funds will be allocated evenly to three priorities: today, tomorrow, and capital projects. 
 

These resources will make a tremendous difference in keeping Shattuck-St. Mary’s the best place in the world for a young aspiring hockey player to go to school and play hockey. 

Help us reach our goal of 300 participants this year!

give now

hockey icon

33% of donations will be directed to the annual budget of the Hockey COE.

Following annual planning and budgeting processes with the CFO, the Director of Boys Hockey and the Director of Girls Hockey will prioritize, budget, and spend funds annually to improve overall program performance through expanded playing and coaching opportunities. Any surplus funds above the Director of Hockey Operations’ annual budget will be allocated to the SSM Hockey COE endowment.

 

piggy bank icon

33% of donations will be deposited into an endowment fund that will provide long-term support to the program.

Once the required minimum corpus of $100,000 is reached, the fund will be endowed, and the School will follow a 5% distribution draw per year. The funds dispersed through the endowment draw will be managed by the Director of Boys Hockey, the Director of Girls Hockey, the Director of Admissions, and CFO to increase the financial aid pool for hockey athletes attending Shattuck-St. Mary's School.

rink icon

33% of donations will be allocated to support capital improvements to hockey-related buildings, plant, and accessories.

The Head of School, CFO, and Sports Complex Manager (with input from the Directors of Hockey) will prioritize, budget, and spend funds on improvements to these facilities. Any surplus funds above the year’s capital budget will roll over to the following year, earmarked for as-needed facilities improvements.

 

Why We Give Back